Page 1 of 2

Codemasters games not working with SRW S1

Posted: 06 Nov 2013, 21:06
by Bad Dan [me]
Hi there, following your suggestion in the pCARS forum, I´ll continue my efforts here, to make Dirt 3 and F1 2012 work together with Fanaleds.
rFactor 2 now works too, after I tried the automatic setup for this one game (not searching for all racing-games).
Doing so with F1 2012 didn´t change anything (game running but no LEDs), and in Dirt3 it even creates a crash after ending a session, which results in an unsafed game after restarting the game. So I can´t make any progress in the game. Thankfully I made a backup of the configfile, so no harm done. Any other ideas, what I should try?

Re: Codemasters games not working with SRW S1

Posted: 06 Nov 2013, 21:11
by Bose321
Can you post your hardware_settings_config.xml files here?

Location: C:\Users\Gerben\Documents\My Games\FormulaOne2012\hardwaresettings
And: C:\Users\Gerben\Documents\My Games\DiRT3\hardwaresettings

About DiRT crashing; that's a bug in the game. I believe that bug was due to patch 1.2. Downgrade your game is possible. Nothing we can do about that.

Re: Codemasters games not working with SRW S1

Posted: 06 Nov 2013, 21:26
by Bad Dan [me]
F1 2012:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<hardware_settings_config version="46">-<cpu><threadStrategy fileStreamProcessor="3" updateProcessor="2" renderProcessor="0" dataSetMonitorProcessor="1" dvdStorageProcessor="3" forceFeedbackProcessor="3" workerMapFile="system/workerMap4Core.xml" parallelUpdateRender="true"/></cpu>-<graphics_card update="true"><directx forcedx10="false"/>-<resolution oldHeight="600" oldWidth="800" multisampling="16xqcsaa" vsync="0" fullscreen="true" aspect="normal" height="1050" width="5040"><refreshRate rate="59"/></resolution><gamma level="1.0"/><textures lod="0"/></graphics_card><shadows maskQuality="2" size="2048" enabled="true"/><headlights headlightQuality="1"/><particles enabled="true" wind="true"/><crowd enabled="true" detail="1"/><cloth enabled="true" detail="1"/><groundcover clutter="true" mode="blended"/><objects lod="1.5" maxlod="0"/><trees lod="1.5" maxlod="0"/><vehicles lodQuality="3" characterQuality="4"/><envmap size="1024" forceBilinear="false" faces="6"/><water update="true" detail="1"/><mirrors height="128" width="512" enabled="true" forceBilinear="true" car_culldist="200.0" car_maxlod="3"/><skidmarks enabled="true"/><dynamic_ambient_occ enabled="true"/><track_reflections enabled="true"/><physics vehicleDamage="true" environmentalDamage="true"/><motion enabled="true" extradata="2" delay="1" port="30500" ip="127.0.0.1"/><led_display fanatecNativeSupport="false" nativeSupport="false"/></hardware_settings_config>


How can I downgrade Dirt3. Do I have to reinstall it, or can I just search for an older patch an reinstall that? I think the game was updated automatically by GfWL.

Re: Codemasters games not working with SRW S1

Posted: 06 Nov 2013, 21:30
by Bose321
Can you try to set the extra data to 3?

I'm afraid you have to reinstall the game in order to 'downgrade' it, but I'm not sure if there's an other way.

Re: Codemasters games not working with SRW S1

Posted: 06 Nov 2013, 22:01
by Bad Dan [me]
Switching to extradata 3 doesn´t work in F1 2012.

I guess downgrading Dirt3 will have impact on multiplayer?

Re: Codemasters games not working with SRW S1

Posted: 06 Nov 2013, 22:23
by Bose321
No idea whether that will work or not.

What version is your version of F1 2012?

Re: Codemasters games not working with SRW S1

Posted: 06 Nov 2013, 23:01
by Bad Dan [me]
Where can I see the version? I keep it up to date via steam. So it´s the latest version, but I got no clue what number it is.

Re: Codemasters games not working with SRW S1

Posted: 07 Nov 2013, 09:07
by DirkT
2012 doesn't have the extradata 3 bit, only 2013 does so that really doesn't matter anyway. Not sure what could be wrong at this point.

Re: Codemasters games not working with SRW S1

Posted: 07 Nov 2013, 09:12
by DirkT
Is it possible you have some sort of firewall enabled that keeps the game from sending socket data?

Re: Codemasters games not working with SRW S1

Posted: 07 Nov 2013, 16:35
by Bad Dan [me]
Only the usual Windows stuff. No extra software.